How to fix err_connection_refused
Err_connection_refused is a very common Google Chrome error that annoys nearly every Chrome user some or the other time. It is mainly a network or DNS concerning error. It sometimes happens that when you try to open any web page like Google, facebook, etc you get this err_connection_refused message prompting on the screen, but with other browsers these pages get opened up very easily.
Here are a few ways to quickly fix this err_connection_refused error :
- Check Proxy settings.
- Check DNS addresses.
- Clear cache and history in your browser.
- Clean your registry.
- Disable your firewall and anti-virus.
- Flush and reset IP address.
- Contact with ISP and Your Hosting and Domain Provider.
Have a close look on the steps to perform these operations :
Check Proxy settings :
- Go to ‘Control Panel ‘.
- Select ‘icon view’ mode and click on the ‘Internet options’ from there.
- As you click the ‘Internet Options’, you will be redirected to a new windows. There click on the ‘Connection’. Then go to LAN settings.
- After clicking the LAN Settings, a new window open and you deselect ‘Use a Proxy Server for Your LAN’ check box if it’s selected. And lastly click the OK button and close the window.
Check DNS addresses :
- Open ‘Network and Sharing Center’ (Right Click on Network icon) and click Change adapter settings.
- Right click on ‘Network Adapter ‘(Wi-Fi, LAN, Ethernet) and click Properties.
- Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Now add DNS addresses in this way:
Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
Clear cache and history in your browser :
Sometimes it also happens that Chrome browser blocks website from their cache, this may also be the reason for the occurrence of err_connection_refused error. So, to avoid that you need to follow these steps to clear all the history and cache in your chrome browser :
- Click ‘Customize and control.
- Go to ‘Settings’ , then-> click ‘Show Advanced Settings’.
- Then from there go to Privacy Section -> click ‘Clear Browsing Data’ -> then check all the box from new popup -> and lastly click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Clear History and Cache From Your Google Chrome Browser.
Clean your registry :
You can also go for a free registry software like ccleaner and use them. You can get them free and install on your computers. Scan your registry for finding error and repair them. After completing repair then you restart your PC and refresh and check on the error website.
Disable your firewall and anti-virus :
Sometimes Firewall block unsafe website. So you may disable it and check the website that you are facing the error. You can easily disable your Firewall in this way:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’.
- Then go to ‘System and Security’ -> Windows Firewall -> then click the ‘ Turn Windows Firewall on or off ’ from the left sidebar and lastly check the ‘Turn of Windows Firewall (not recommended)’ box both of Private and Public network location settings and click OK.
- You may also disable or uninstall your antivirus software because sometimes it blocks the website. Now check your website that you are facing the error.
Flush and reset IP address :
Sometimes, this ‘err_connection_refused’ err gets generated out of DNS and IP blocked issues. For that very reason you need to flush the DNS and reset the Internet IP address. Follow the steps below :
Flush the DNS:
- Go to ‘Start’ menu and type ‘CMD’ in the search box and hit the enter button.
- Then a ‘Command Prompt’ window will appear on the screen there run the below commands one by one :
Reset the IP address:
You can also reset your IP address from CMD by following the steps given below :
- Click ‘Start’ menu -> type CMD (in search box) -> then run any of the commands given below :
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip set dns
Contact with ISP and Your Hosting and Domain Provider :
Now that once you have tried everything given above and nothing solved your problem then you should contact your ISP and tell them about the connection error. Because, sometimes they block harmful websites by their firewall. So ask them to check if your target website IP is blocked by their firewall network.