Outlook error code 17099 Overview
This article describes how to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you synchronize a Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox with an .ost file (offline storage table). Outlook is a product of Microsoft developed for managing personal information. In this article we’d discussed about the most general problem people ask that is Outlook error code 17099. It can be used as a stand-alone application, or can work with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Error 17099 appears when there occurs a problem in incoming or outgoing files. This error does not allow to send or from receiving messages by stating that the mail contains virus or spam content. Error 17099 crashes the current active program. Computer periodically freezes for few seconds of time. This error appears for many times when program is in running stage.
The main causes of Outlook error code 17099 :
- When SMTP error returns a transient error.
- ISP or Internet Service Provider defines port values for the synchronizing of networks in a domain and through which sending or receiving of data could be possible. To transfer emails from Outlook we use some port numbers and 25 port is default which has found as most usable port number.
Resolution techniques for Outlook error code 17099 :
- If the error is related to SMTP server.
- Close all the running applications.
- Open Application folder and browse for Outlook 2011 for searching Microsoft Database utility and double click on it.
- Choose OLM file which has to be processed and select Rebuild in the options.
- A window is displayed showing “Rebuilding Main Identify” which shows progress.
- After completion of the progress a message is displayed “Your database was rebuilt successfully”.
- To avoid errors while sending email to more than 50 recipients, for increasing the number of users above 50 you should contact the mail provider so that they can increase the recipients per message. Once mail provider increases the count of recipients per message then there is no more scope of displaying Outlook error code 17099.
- Check for updates and if errors occur at installation stage uninstall and reinstall Outlook 2011 program.
- It is always a good practice to check for updates and install them. Update all PC device drivers and Install all available Window updates.
- Update PC device drivers. Outlook error code 17099 can be related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. Drivers can work one day, and suddenly they may stop working the next day for different reasons. One can often update the device driver to fix the Outlook error 17099 problem. Device drivers developed by Microsoft Gold partner are more preferable of the other drivers.
- Check for a full malware scan of your PC. Scanning your PC will identify and repair all the errors. This is one of the easiest way to trouble shoot error 17099
- Uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Outlook Express program which is associated with Outlook error 17099. Reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Express Edition may eliminate errors in the previous program.
It is better to utilize Windows system “Undo” recent changes. Windows System Restore allows you to “go back in time” with your PC to help fix your problems such as Outlook error 17099, error 0x800ccc0f, Outlook error 3219 and various other problems. This helps in returning your program files and data back to their position.