Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the best assistance regarding entire technical devise such as Printer, Antivirus, browser & mail, Microsoft, Facebook, software, laptop, zoom etc. We are one stop solution for entire technical device issues.
How to Bitdefender rescue mode not working
Bit defender is an Internet security software company, represented through subsidiaries and partners in over 100 countries. Bitdefender produces anti-virus and anti-spyware capabilities against internet security threats. However sometimes people do face problems such as their Bitdefender rescue mode not working or Bitdefender wallet not working. Rescue Mode is a Bitdefender feature that allows you to scan and disinfect all existing hard drive partitions outside of your operating system. It allows you to scan all storage devices of your operating system and outside your operating system and allows you to clean up your current hard disk partitions.
Follow the below steps in order to re.
- Restart your computer if it is struck in rescue mode.
- Press F12 key to enter into BIOS.
- In BIOS, go to Boot tab in the upper menu and press F9 key to load the default settings.
- Take a look at the entry to 1st Boot device in BIOS. If it still displays Bitdefender Rescue mode instead of Windows Boot Manager then replace the entry path to \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi.
- Press F10 key to save the modification and exit.
- After computer restarts you should be able to enter Windows.
- After entering Windows locate fix-uefi-bcd on your desktop.
- Right click on the file and select from the menu “Run as administrator”. A black window with list of commands is displayed. Wait for few minutes and follow the instructions in the black command prompt window.
Starting system in Rescue Mode
You can enter Rescue Mode in one of two ways:
From the Bitdefender window
- Go to Antivirus panel.
- Click Scan Now and select Rescue Mode.
A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes to reboot your computer.
- After the computer restarts, a menu will appear prompting you to select an operating system. Choose Bitdefender Rescue Image and press the Enter key to boot into a Bitdefender environment from where you can clean up your Windows partition.
- If prompted, press Enter and select the screen resolution closest to the one you normally use. Press Enter to enter
Bitdefender Rescue Mode.
Boot your computer directly into Rescue Mode
If Windows does not start, you can boot your computer directly into Bitdefender Rescue Mode by following the steps below.
- Start / reboot your computer and start pressing the space key on your keyboard before the Windows logo appears.
- A menu will appear prompting you to select an operating system to start. Press TAB to go to the tools area. Choose Bitdefender Rescue Image and press the Enter key to boot into a Bitdefender environment from where you can clean up your Windows partition.
- If prompted, press Enter and select the screen resolution closest to the one you normally use. Then press Enter again.
Bitdefender Rescue Mode will load in a few moments
Scanning your system in Rescue Mode
Follow the below steps to scan in Bitdefender Rescue mode.
- Enter Rescue Mode, as described in “Starting your system in Rescue Mode”.
- The Bitdefender logo will appear and the antivirus engines will start to be copied.
- A welcome window will then appear. Click Continue.
- An update of the antivirus signatures is started.
- After the update is completed, the Bitdefender On-demand Antivirus Scanner window will appear.
- Click Scan Now, select the scan target in the window that appears and click Open to start scanning.
If you still go through this error then it is recommended to scan your entire Windows partition. Uninstall and reinstall the software to encounter the error.