Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the best assistance regarding entire technical devise such as Printer, Antivirus, browser & mail, Microsoft, Facebook, software, laptop, zoom etc. We are one stop solution for entire technical device issues.
Microsoft Outlook: A free email software
Microsoft Outlook software is a software program that allows users to send and receive their emails on the computer. Microsoft Outlook software has two versions, namely Microsoft Outlook Express, and Microsoft Outlook.
Talking about the Microsoft Outlook Express, it is a little narrower version of the Microsoft Outlook software family. This version of Outlook was first used along with Windows 8, and later on, it was used with all the versions of Windows, up to Windows XP.
On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook, the other version of the Outlook software program, is basically a commercial product. This is available either only as a single version or as a part of the Microsoft Office Package. This version is a much broader version than the Microsoft Outlook Express version, and has additional features, along with better corporate support. The features of Microsoft Outlook are not available in the free edition of Outlook.
It is a designed software, so it has some default settings saved, that is, the default font size, the default font type, etc. But the user can change these default settings according to his or her convenience. The default font type is Aerial font or Calibri font. The user can change it to any type of font that he/she likes. Also, the user can make the size of the font bigger and smaller the way he/she wants to.
Alter the default font in Outlook 2016, 2014, and 2010:
- The first is to go to the “File” and then go to the “Option” in the menu.
- Find the “Mail category”. Select it.
- The next step is to select the “Stationary and Fonts” option.
- You can select any of the undermentioned sections you want to change:
New Mail Messages- This changes the default font which is present in the mails.
Replying or Forwarding Messages- This changes the font whenever you want to forward a message or reply to a message in your email.
Composing and reading plain text messages- This option changes the way plain text might appear to you. Now you get a different font even in the plain text messages that you receive.
- Now you can select your font size, style, effect, and color, the way you like it.
- Once selected, click on “Ok”. You have to choose “OK” three times – first, to finish the selection procedure, then two times more to come out of this “Signature and Stationery” window, and the outlook’s options.
Alter fonts in Outlook 2003 and 2007:
If you are using these two versions of Outlook in your system, here are a few methods by which you can change your font size easily.
- The first step is to go to “Tools”, then go to “Options”.
- Then choose the “Mail Format” tab.
- Then go to the “Stationery and Fonts” option.
- Here you can select the fonts in any of the categories, including new mail messages, reply for forwarding messages, and composing and reading plain text messages. This way you can choose the font style, font size, and font color that you desire for.
- Now select “Ok”.
- Select “Ok” another time to come out of the options menu.
How to change the “New Message” default font size on your Outlook?
- Go to “Settings”, and then go to “View all Outlook settings”.
- Then select “Mail”.
- Go to “Compose and Reply”.
- You will find the message format. Select the font dropdown option and there you can reset the default font that you would want to choose. Here you can change the font size that has been selected by default.
- Once you have chosen your font size, select “Save”.
- Now new messages that will be composed on Outlook.com will make use of the font size but you have chosen as default, and not the original default size.
- What is the purpose of Microsoft Outlook?
This software application is basically used to send and receive emails from users. Apart from emails, this can help manage the personal data of the user as well, like, notes, contacts, calendar appointments, and various other relatable entries.
- Which is better – Gmail or Outlook?
Gmail is a bit more popular that Outlook, as it is cheaper and much user friendly. But if you chose Outlook for your work, you van even work offline on it, which means you need not require an internet connection all the time. Still, Gmail is more preferred over Outlook.