Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the best assistance regarding entire technical devise such as Printer, Antivirus, browser & mail, Microsoft, Facebook, software, laptop, zoom etc. We are one stop solution for entire technical device issues.
How to solve Norton not opening
Norton, also known as Norton by Symantec, is a division of Symantec, the world’s largest security software provider, and is based out of Mountain View, California. Since being acquired by the Symantec Corporation in 1990, Norton has continued to offer a variety of products and services related to digital security. The software is used by large volume of people and so there are number of problems people do face such as Norton not opening, Norton Power Eraser not working and many more. In 2014 it was announced that Norton parent Symantec would split its business into two units – one focused on security, and the other focused on information management, with Norton being placed in the unit focused on security.
Norton Antivirus is an anti-malware software developed and distributed by Symantec Corporation since 1991 as part of its Norton family of computer security products. It uses signatures and heuristics to identify viruses. Other features included in it are e-mail spam filtering and phishing protection.
Norton Antivirus runs on Microsoft Windows and mac OS. Windows 7 support was in development for versions 2006 through 2008. Version 2009 has Windows 7 supported update already. Versions 2010, 2011, and 2012 all natively support Windows 7, without needing an update. Version 12 is the only version fully compatible with Mac OS X Lion. With the 2015 series of products, Symantec made changes in its portfolio and briefly discontinued Norton Antivirus. This action was later reversed with the introduction of Norton Antivirus Basic.
Norton product is a very efficient tool. But this very tool may face issues at times. It often happens that that due to some issues the error of Norton not opening occurs. Such errors can be quite irritating and worry generating.
Causes for Norton not opening
Let us have a look into the possible causes for the error of Norton not opening
- Multiple Security products installed.
- Old version of Norton products.
- Incompatible/Outdated Drivers.
- Norton not being updated with the latest virus & product definitions.
- Incorrect setting of date and time.
- Not enough space on the PC.
- Firewall does not allow the traffic.
- Slow Internet connection.
- No Internet connection.
- Computer is completely infected.
- Threats not completely removed.
Troubleshooting for Norton not opening
To fix the Norton not opening problem, try the following.
- Exit all the programs and restart the computer.
If the problem still persists go to the next steps.
- Download and install the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, by following the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Now, read the license and accept the agreement.
- Restart your PC.
- Re-install your Norton product by following the instructions that appear on the screen.
You can also try doing the following
- Ensure that your connection has better speed to download all virus definitions.
- Run LiveUpdate several times to get the latest protection updates.
- Do make sure that your product’s Firewall settings are enabled to allow traffic.
- Free some space on the disk and run Live-Update.
- Ensure that your subscription is active. To check your subscription, on the main window, click Help and then click Subscription Status.
Still experiencing the same error ?
Is your Norton not opening even now? Don’t worry. Our team of experts is always ready to help you out. Solving technical errors can be tedious and frustrating especially if one does not have the technical know-how of the issue. At such times it is always advisable to consult, trained technical experts to solve such errors. Feel free to contact us and we’ll be at your service. Reach out to us, so that we can reach out to help you.