Current Wait: 21 mins (11m avg)
Hour : Round the Clock Assistance, 24*7, 365 days
Get World-class Assistance : Get in touch with us to get the best assistance regarding entire technical devise such as Printer, Antivirus, browser & mail, Microsoft, Facebook, software, laptop, zoom etc. We are one stop solution for entire technical device issues.
Quick books error h202 when trying to switch to multi-user mode
Quickbooks error h202 appears when your company file is located on another computer and Quickbooks cannot access this file on the computer. Quickbooks will not be able to reach the server on the computer. If Quickbooks software on your computer is set to allow shared connections to the company file, then Quickbooks software on your computer will not be able to access your computer.
Quickbooks is a product of Intuit, which does not support firewalls or Anti-virus programs for error detection. So we need to download a specific anti-virus to identify and encounter those errors. Quickbooks error h202 appears as shown in the picture.
Issues which van cause Quickbooks error h202:
- When configuration settings at host computer are incorrect.
- Firewall may block incoming or outgoing communication to the company file.
- When Domain Name System settings are incorrect.
- Quickbooks monitor services are not running and should be started immediately.
- Failure in connection between client and server systems.
Methods for troubleshooting Quickbooks error h202:
- Download Quickbooks File Doctor tool. Install and run it. This will help you to encounter multi-user error.
- Create a new folder for your company file and share it by allowing access to share company files. Copy Quickbooks file to the new folder and open your company file in multi-user mode.
- Change hosting services of Quickbooks to Utilities. Set it to multi-user access mode.
- If you are using AVG Anti-Virus 2013 on Windows 8 and have an h505 error, you need to uninstall the AVG program as there is a conflict between Quickbooks and AVG on Windows 8.
- Delete and recreate .ND files. Search for .ND file and confirm deletion.
- Make sure client system does not host company files.
- Add your server to the windows host file. This may need editing windows host file.
- Configure firewall settings by changing outbound and inbound rules at advance settings in control panel. Choose the ports and select for TCP at specific local ports.
- If the path to your company file is on your network and begins with a drive letter then it is a mapped drive. Use the UNC path and find in the title bar, to navigate to your company file within QuickBooks.
- If you see an error as packet missing by going through ping in control panel then your network setup should be verified by an IT professional.
One of the above solutions fix the error h202 at Quickbooks however there are certain other errors people face in general such as error -6000, www.quickbooks.com/support/update.html error 1334 etc. In case if you are not able to solve them by the methods above you may contact Quickbook Technical Support. Give your preference in setting server to client network communication.