Error: Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach…”
Description: User’s face error, “We Couldn’t reach on username”.
Support Number: +1-800-864-4162
Why Lync issue – “We couldn’t reach” occurs?
Businesses require constant communication within the departments or with other businesses. Doing it manually can prove to be time taking and reduce productivity. Therefore, businesses have started to use some third-party applications in order to make the process smoother. Microsoft Lync is one of those applications, which makes the process of business communication a lot easier.
In November 2014 Microsoft replaced Lync with Skype for business. The new software combines the interface of the popular applications Skype and organizations can replace their interface to the Skype for Business (Lync) version of the software.
Are you getting issues like Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach…”. Then, Contact Microsoft Lync Support Number: 800-864-4162
But, there some users are experiencing issues with the software. When they try to add any new contacts, they get the message stating ‘Presence Unknown’. Moreover, when someone tries to message someone they get the message: “We couldn’t reach – Contact Name- to send this message”. Therefore, one of the most important features of the application i.e., the Instant Messaging feature of the application is not working and causing huge problems for the businesses. But users are also noticing that the other user is replying to the conversation, which means that the message is getting transferred but the message on the screen is repeating itself despite the message being sent.
Troubleshoots for Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach…”
Steps to resolve Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach” are mentioned below or call support @ 800-864-4162
For Windows Users:
Follow the steps mentioned to resolve this Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach user” for Windows user.
- Check and see if the same issue appears on your Skype for a Business client on your environment.
- Delete the cache files from your Skype for the Business client by going to – %username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_Username@Domain.com
- Make sure that the client that you are using is up to date with the latest update.
- You can also use the command line – Update – CsAddressBook.
For MAC Users:
Follow the steps mentioned to resolve this Lync Issue – “We couldn’t reach user” for MAC user.
- Log out and Quit the Lync software.
- Go to Finder> press Command+Shift+G> type /users/<MacUsername>/library
- Delete the following files :
- Caches (com.microsoft.lync)
- Internet Plug-ins (MeetingjoinPlugin.plugin)
- In the above folder, try to delete the Microsoft User Data files. The names of the folders would be Microsoft Lync Data and Microsoft Lync History.
- Open the Keychain Access from Applications/Utilities folder.
- Delete all the Keychains starting with the OC_KeyContainer.
- In the login Keychain, delete all the certificates that exist.
After completing all the steps, make sure that you clean the Trash folder from your Mac, otherwise, the troubleshooting options might not work.
This Lync issue – “We couldn’t reach” is a known issue in the Mac especially in the versions before 16.14.163. The chances are that the message is a false alarm and the message that you sent did go through. Some of the users have resolved the problem by updating their client in the Mac to the latest version.
There are users who are using the client in their mobile phones and trying to initiate a business conversation but are facing the same issue. If you are one of these users, then be mindful of the fact that you should have a Skype dial-in license in order for the feature to work.
If the problem still persists, you can try reaching the Microsoft Chat Support and addressing the problem.